Welcome to St Mark’s Church
St Mark’s Church, Connah’s Quay is in the town of Connah’s Quay, Flintshire, Wales. It is an active Anglican church in the deanery of Hawarden, the archdeaconry of Wrexham and the diocese of St Asaph. The church is the parish church for Connah’s Quay and the mother church of St David’s Church, Connah’s Quay.
St Mark’s was built in 1836–37 to a design by John Lloyd.The church then consisted of a nave with a small apse and a tower at the west end.Between 1876 and 1878 the Chester architect John Douglas added the chancel and refitted the church.The choir vestry was built in 1933 with stone from the former Kelsterton Brewery. The lych gates had been built in 1917 but in 1974–75 they were moved towards the church when a lay-by was constructed. At this time a memorial garden was laid out and gravestones were moved. It is believed that the clock by J. Benson of London was installed in 1837. This was repaired and refurbished in 1991 by JB Joyce & Co of Whitchurch. The bells which had been donated in 1891 were removed in the 1990s because they had become unsafe.