We are now in the run up to the Ordination, this year falling on the Festival of the Nativity of St John Baptist. I should be grateful if you would make every effort to join us at the Ordination on 24thJune in the Cathedral, and to hold in your prayers our candidates for ordination:
Our candidates for the Priesthood:
- Dorothi Evans, serving in the Valle Crucis Mission Area, rooted in Corwen
- Juliet Fraser, serving in the Aber-Morfa Mission Area, rooted in Rhyl
- Anne Hooper, serving in Estuary & Mountain Mission Area, rooted in Halkyn
- Yvonne Pryce, serving in Alyn Mission Area, rooted in Gwersyllt
Our candidates for the Diaconate:
- Rocky Bateman, to serve in the Estuary & Mountain Mission Area, rooted in Holywell
- Ann Chidgey, to serve in the Cedewain Mission Area, rooted in the Kerry group of churches.
- Alexis Smith, to serve in the Pool Mission Area as a Pioneer Minister
- Rebecca Sparey-Taylor, to serve in the Mission Area of Wrexham
- Jeanette Wilkes, to serve in the Pool Mission Area, rooted in Welshpool
Please make an effort to support these colleagues, even if you do not know them well. We look forward to welcoming Canon Richard Lowndes, Director of Ministry and Discipleship in the Diocese of Llandaff, to the diocese. Richard will be leading the retreat for Bangor and St Asaph ordinands at St Beuno’s Spirituality Centre, and then preaching for us in the morning, and Bangor in the afternoon.
All diocesan clergy attending are asked to robe in alb or surplice with white stole. Robing arrangements are:
- Readers and clergy – in the main hall at St Asaph VP School (located opposite the Cathedral car park).
- The Cathedral Chapter – in the Cathedral Song School.
- The ordination candidates and their nominated supporters – in the North Transept.
The Dean will appreciate notification of your attendance in order to plan appropriate seating for robed clergy. Please would you kindly inform the cathedral office of your intention to attend: email@example.com.
As usual, overflow car parking has been arranged at Ysgol Glan Clwyd but due to construction work parking will in the area further up the Upper Denbigh Road where a new entrance has been created.